Dust off your pompoms, get those banners painted and start prepping the chants, because the Hertfordshire volleyball event of the year is almost with us!
Hosts: Welwyn Hatfield Volleyball Club
Date: Sunday 19th May
Time: 10.30am until 5.30pm
Venue: Ridgeway Academy, Herns Lane, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 2AF
Women's Finalists: MK City Ladies vs Red Eagles W
Men's Finalists: Kings Langley Kings vs Watford 1
Juniors Finals: WHVC U16s vs VK Barnet U16s
WHVC will organise an outdoor volleyball net, outdoor table tennis tables, a BBQ, cake table, tea/coffee and fruit... bring some cash!
It's a great chance for us all to celebrate the season, so please communicate the details to all your club players so they have the opportunity to come along and watch.
Programme for the day
- 10.30am Doors open and women's warm up begins
- 11.00am Ladies' cup final, followed by ladies' cup, league and MVP prize-giving and juniors' warm up
- 1.00pm Juniors' finals start (see below), followed by junior prize-giving and men's warm up
- 3.00pm Men's cup final, followed by men's cup, league and MVP prize-giving.
You can download the full printable programme here. There will be copies available on the day.
We just have two clubs that could get together an U16 mixed team. They will be playing a full game, with the winner claiming the Dawn Graceson Memorial Trophy. Dawn's daughter, Xanthe hopes to be able to come along and present the trophy to the winners.
Officials for the day
We're pleased to confirm 2018 EVA Referee of the Year, Ian Cheesbrough as our head referee for the day. Krzysztof Dabrowski (Red Eagles) and Fiona Wilson (WHVC) will be assisting.
The men must provide scorers and line judges for the women.
The women must provide scorers and line judges for the men.
Everybody helps out for the juniors.
Please note some of the HVA rules that are based on the date of the finals:
- D5. All leagues fixtures must be completed 10 days before the KO Cup final. Any match not completed before that deadline will be declared null and void. So before 9th May.
- F6. All scoresheets must be presented at least 3 days before the KO Cup Final, else the home team forfeits the match. So before 16th May.
We changed the deadline for the KO semi-finals (by request) to 5th May because of fixture congestion.