For players, coaches and officials
This code of conduct has been drawn up in accordance with the overriding principles as set out in FIVB Rules to ensure that all involved enjoy their participation in the sport where a high standard of behaviour and respect to all involved is encouraged. Participants must behave respectfully and courteously in the spirit of fair play, not only towards match referees, but also towards all officials, opponents, teammates and spectators. In playing the game, the HVA encourage and expect the following:
- players, officials and coaches to learn and keep up to date with the rules of the game
- players to show respect and good manners to all other participants and to look after the playing venues
- correct and proper language at all times
- to accept success and failure, victory and defeat equally
- players to accept officials’ decisions with good grace and not to show contempt, either verbally or through gestures, towards them or towards their opponents. Only the game captain may request clarification of a decision.